Treadstone has been selected as one of a limited number of suppliers of the Victorian Government innovation skills Voucher Program. The Innovation Voucher Program is a new initiative that supports businesses wanting to explore ways of improving their competitiveness and productivity. It provides funding to help companies access the know-how required to develop innovation related skills within their organisation.
Vouchers provided under the program can be used to access training, services, goods, advice or expertise provided by service providers.
By supporting greater business innovation, the Innovation Voucher Program aims to facilitate improved performance (particularly with respect to productivity) and growth of businesses.
The program supports businesses at various stages of their product or development life cycle, and encourages and stimulates further business collaboration and research partnerships.
Treadstone Commercialisation Workshops
Treadstone is a Melbourne firm delivering high quality business development and skills workshops and government grant consulting. We work closely with clients to gain deep insights of their business to produce valuable, tailored and practical workshops aimed at accelerating business growth.
Treadstone’s skills development workshops are designed to have an impact on the innovation capability of the entire company. For example a Victorian company could use the voucher to develop or improve:
- intellectual property or knowledge management and risk taking
- commercialisation skills
- implementation skills
- technology road mapping
- effective communications skills
- market access and relationship building
Workshops will commence in February 2013 and will run to tailored dates to suite companies applying for vouchers. The vouchers are currently available until 30th June 2013.
Eligibility for Vouchers
The Innovation Skills Vouchers are open to Victorian small to medium businesses that:
- employ less than 200 employees
- are registered in Victoria or carry out more than 50 per cent of their business activity in Victoria
- not be currently involved in litigation with the State Government of Victoria.
Voucher conditions of use:
- are required to make a minimum cash co-contribution from the business/organisation of 25% of the voucher amount requested (i.e. $2,500 cash contribution for a $10,000 voucher)
- may apply individually or jointly with other applicants. Vouchers may be pooled to a maximum of $50,000 and may be used to commission development of a tailored program for a number of companies or facilities with shared training needs
- cannot redeem vouchers to pay for services already funded through other local, state or federal government grant programs
- must be an entirely separate entity from the supplier(s), with no financial or other ties (companies/organisations and suppliers may not be owned by the same parent company, share governance or have common directors)
- declare any existing governance relationships between themselves and the nominated supplier(s), including whether any of the project suppliers:
- are subsidiaries or related bodies corporate within the meaning of Corporations Act 2001
- share common directors, officers or senior managers
- must commence the project within 6 months and complete the project within 18 months of the date of voucher issue
- must not make any public announcement or issue any press release regarding the receipt of a voucher, except in consultation and with the approval of the Department of Business and Innovation
Voucher FAQs: Frequently asked questions about how to apply for Innovation Skill Vouchers.
For more information about how Treadstone can assist with your Innovation Skills Voucher grant application, call Steve Dowling on 03 9008 9537.