This is another great opportunity for some cash and great PR. Nominations and entries are now open in the 2009 Telstra Business Awards, which have recognised the achievements of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) across the country since 1992.
Telstra is expecting strong interest in the awards this year, with tougher economic conditions encouraging more to look for ways to grow and promote their businesses.
Businesses will be judged on a range of criteria including growth, customers, people, innovation and financials, and Award winners will share in up to $400,000 in cash and prizes.
In 2009, there are five award categories. Businesses will enter one of three qualifying categories, based on the size of their business:
- businessowner Micro-Business Award – For businesses with five employees or fewer.
- MYOB Small Business Award – For businesses with more than five employees, but less than or equal to 20 employees.
- Panasonic Australia Medium Business Award – For businesses with more than 20 employees, but less than or equal to 200 employees.
All entrants will also be considered for the following two specialist awards:
- AMP Innovation Award – For businesses that have successfully introduced an innovation.
- Sensis Social Responsibility Award – For demonstrated leadership and contribution by a business to the environment, people, education or the community.
Category Awards are offered in each state and territory, and an overall state/territory winner is selected from the category winners. These overall state/territory winners then become eligible to win the 2009 Telstra Australian Business of the Year, which will be announced at the national final in Sydney in August.
To nominate your business or your favourite business click here or call 1800 262 323 during business hours from Monday 2 March 2009. Nominations and entries for the Telstra Business Awards are open to all eligible businesses with between 1 and 200 employees.
The process of getting involved is a simple one:
1: Any eligible business – your own or someone else’s – may be nominated
2: Entry forms must be submitted by April 17 2009
3: Entries are assessed by a judging panel which selects finalists
4: Winners are announced at the Awards ceremony
Good luck with your entry, from the Treadstone Team.