A $10 million Small Business Development Fund has been established to help small businesses in northern Adelaide (Playford, Port Adelaide Enfield and Salisbury council areas) to grow and create sustainable jobs.
The Start-Up Business Grant has allocated $4 million over three years to 30 June 2019 to support the creation of up to 400 new small businesses in northern Adelaide.
Who can apply?
People starting a new business or purchasing an existing business in northern Adelaide, where the person: has not operated a business in the past 12 months; can contribute 1:1 matching funds towards the start up costs or purchase price; and, completes an approved business fundamentals training course.
What is the funding amount available?
Up to $20,000, matching funding.
- The practicality and achievability of the business proposal/plan
- The capacity and capability, including management capability, of the applicant.
How to apply.
Online on the Department of State Development, South Australia website http://www.statedevelopment.sa.gov.au/industry/smallbusiness/small-business-development-fund.
Application deadlines and the relevant assessment dates are as follows:
- 6 October 2016 – 5:00pm (for assessment on 19 October 2016)
- 17 November 2016 – 5:00pm (for assessment on 30 November 2016)
- 3 January 2017 – 5:00pm (for assessment in mid January 2017 – to be confirmed)
- 9 February 2017 – 5:00pm (for assessment on 22 February 2017)
- 23 March 2017 – 5:00pm (for assessment on 5 April 2017)
Want to get the best possible result out of your Application?
Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations. Treadstone are an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success. To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.