The Accelerating Trade Grant Program provides grants of up to a 50% contribution towards activities to maximise opportunities for increased trade in markets outside of Tasmania. This is part of the initiative under the Tasmanian Trade Strategy 2019-2025.
Businesses may access of either of the two grant tiers available under this program based on their annual sales turnover:
- Tier 1 businesses: annual sales turnover of between $150 000 and $20 million — max grant of $10,000
- Tier 2 businesses: annual sales turnover of between $300 000 and $20 million — max grant of $20,000
Business activities qualified for funding may be in the form of:
- market research and business-matching services
- promotional activities and materials
- attendance at domestic and international trade shows and events
- in-bound buyer visits to Tasmania
- study tours
- travel to undertake marketing activities
- supply chain efficiency improvements and cluster development
To be eligible for financial assistance from the program the applicant:
- must be able to demonstrate that their products are produced, transformed or value-added in Tasmania, and intended to be despatched from Tasmania
- must have an Australian Business Number and be registered for GST
- must have annual sales turnover greater than $150 000 and less than $20 million in at least one of the two last financial years to be eligible as a Tier one applicant (Businesses that have not achieved the minimum turnover previously, but have sales of at least $150 000 in the current financial year may also apply as a Tier one applicant)
- must have an annual sales turnover greater than $300 000 and less than $20 million in at least one of the two last financial years to be eligible as a Tier two applicant (Businesses that have not achieved the minimum turnover previously, but have sales of at least $300 000 in the current financial year may also apply as a Tier two applicant)
- demonstrate the necessary capabilities, resources and capacity to undertake the trade development activity
- must not have received, or plan to make a claim for, funding under the Australian Government’s Export Market Development Scheme, or any other government or industry organisation assistance scheme, for the project for which the applicant is seeking funding
- must not be a consultant or intermediary
- must not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation
Application for this funding grant is ONGOING.
For an application to be approved, it must be submitted and assessed before the project commences.
- Potential applicants should review the guidelines to determine their project eligibility before applying. Team members from the Trade and International Relations Unit are available to brief potential applicants about the program on request.
- Applications must be submitted via the SmartyGrants grant management platform.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by the Trade and International Relations Unit.
- A Grant Agreement will be prepared for execution by the successful applicant.
The Department of State Growth uses an online grants management system called SmartyGrants. This system is easy to use and accessible via mobile phones, tablets, laptops and personal computers.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants EMDG, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our free newsletter!