The Victorian Government recently launched the $2.2 million Victorian AgTech Entrepreneurs Initiative in an effort to back innovators across the state. This is to support the development and adoption of new technology that can help improve farm productivity and grow the state’s agriculture industries.
This initiative is a partnership between Agriculture Victoria and the state’s startup agency LaunchVic. Eligible organisations can apply to LaunchVic for a grant of up to $600,000 to deliver an AgTech pre-accelerator program in Victoria.
Applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criterion:
- Program Focus – The proposed program must be an AgTech Pre-Accelerator program. The program must support Victorian AgTech Startup Entrepreneurs (over the age of 18). We are not providing funds directly to Startups or Startup Entrepreneurs through this Grant Round.
- Applicant Experience – Applicants that are eligible include a delivery team that has proven expertise in both agriculture and supporting early-stage technology AgTech startups to launch and grow exemplified by experience in delivering Pre-Accelerator or Accelerator programs for AgTech startups.
- Type of Organisation – The types of organisations that are eligible to apply include:
- Registered company/organisation headquartered in the State of Victoria; or
- Registered company/organisation with an office in the State of Victoria; or
- Registered company/organisation located outside the State of Victoria (in Australia) proposing a program to be delivered in the State of Victoria; or
- An experienced delivery team (as per Criteria 2 above) who agrees to setup a new company to primarily run the Pre-Accelerator Program and register the new entity in Victoria before contract execution.
Please note a company/organisation with an Australian Business Number (ABN) is defined as ‘registered’. Not-for-profit organisations can apply. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact the LaunchVic Grants Team. Preference may be given to applications made by companies headquartered in Victoria or companies with an established office or actively working in Victoria.
Assessment and Selection
Eligible applications will be evaluated against the Key Assessment Criteria by an Assessment Panel (comprising at least two LaunchVic staff and one staff member from Agriculture Victoria (within the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions)) and a sub-committee of the LaunchVic Board, the Grands and Funding Committee (GFC) comprising at least two Board Members. LaunchVic may appoint external members including an additional representative from the Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions to assess applications.
Preference may be given to applications made by companies headquartered in Victoria or companies with an established office/actively working in Victoria and programs supporting regional Startup Entrepreneurs.
Video Pitch & Q&A: Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide a 5-minute Pitch, and attend a 15 minute Q&A with the assessment panel and the GFC and to be held during the day in late November. If there is no representation from the applicant, the application may be rejected.
Timings for this Grant program include:
Round launched: 8 September 2021
Round Closes: 27 October 2021 11am
Due Diligence: Financial Reports and requested information due mid-late November
Virtual Pitch Day: Late November
Communications: to unsuccessful and applicants moving to the next stage early December
Contracting: Contract execution with recipients expected December
Announcement: Early 2022
Application submission must be via the LaunchVic online application system before the closing date and time to be eligible.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our free newsletter!