The Automotive Innovation Lab Access Grants will provide grant funding to support businesses to undertake a range of activities to enhance the automotive product design and development process including:
- design, prototype and testing activities undertaken at specialised facilities and service organisations.
The objectives of the program are to:
- support business to access automotive test facilities and design and prototyping services
- support new automotive product development and enhance business capability for Australian businesses, building their capacity to deliver diversified product offerings and supply to local and international markets.
The minimum grant amount is $50,000.
The maximum grant amount is $200,000.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
The maximum grant period is 12 months.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an entity incorporated in Australia (includes an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust) and be a trading corporation, where your trading activities
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
We can only accept applications:
- where you provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- where you provide evidence of how you will fund your share of project costs.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
To be eligible your project must use an external facility.
To be eligible your project must have at least $100,000 in eligible expenditure.
To be competitive you must score highly against all of the merit criteria.
- Merit criterion 1: The extent that the project will assist you to design, prototype and/or test automotive products that will improve the competitiveness of your business (40 points).
- Merit criterion 2: Your capacity, capability and access to resources to deliver the project (30 points).
- Merit criterion 3: The impact of grant funding on your project (30 points).
How to apply
You should read the grant opportunity guidelines and sample grant agreement before you apply. Grant opportunity guidelines provide detailed information on the grant opportunity, including granting activity objectives; all eligibility and merit criteria; the assessment process, reporting and acquittal requirements; and a description of review mechanisms.
To apply, you must submit your application through the online portal. You will need to set up an account when you first log into the portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
Want to get the best possible result out of your Application?
Don’t wait till it’s too late. Give us a call. Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008; recently securing three $1m+ grants for our clients.
To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.