The Australian Government has announced a total of $7 million over three years for the program. For this grant opportunity, $4.56 million is available over two years from 2019-20 to 2020-21.
Grant funding is available for businesses to undertake a range of activities to enhance the automotive product design and development process including design, prototype and testing activities undertaken at specialised facilities and service organisations.
What is the funding for?
The objectives of the program are to:
- Support business to access automotive test facilities and design and prototyping services
- Support new automotive product development and enhance business capability for Australian businesses, building their capacity to deliver diversified product offerings and supply to local and international markets
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- an increase in automotive design, prototype and testing activities
- expanded high value automotive manufacturing operations.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible you must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be an entity incorporated in Australia (includes an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust) and be a trading corporation, where your trading activities
- Form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- Are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
You must also be able to provide the following evidence:
- From your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- How you will fund your share of project costs. You must use the Accountant Declaration form available on business.gov.au and GrantConnect.
How do I apply?
For more information and details on how to apply, please click here.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
To see if you may be eligible for R&D Tax Incentive, Export Market Development Grants (EMDG), or Innovation grants please follow the links below:
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.