Business Growth Grants are one of the services of the Entrepreneurs’ Programme. You can use a Business Growth Grant to engage external expertise.
A Business Growth Grant reimburses businesses for up to half of the cost of engaging a service provider, to a maximum of $20,000 (excluding GST). This funding supports business improvement projects.
The grant supports strategies that improve the abilities and skills of your business. It doesn’t support fixes for problems that are part of the ordinary, every day operations of your business.
To be eligible for a Business Growth Grant, you must:
- have received an Entrepreneurs’ Programme Business Evaluation Action Plan, Supplier Improvement Plan, Growth Plan, or Tourism Partnership Plan
- submit an application:
- within 6 months of receiving a Business Evaluation Action Plan, Supplier Improvement Plan or Tourism Partnership Plan, or
- within 12 months of receiving a Growth Plan.
- be implementing strategies identified in a Business Evaluation Action Plan, Supplier Improvement Plan, Growth Plan or Tourism Partnership Plan, and
- are able to fund the total value of project costs to engage the service provider before receiving the Grant.
For more information on eligible activities a business can undertake to receive a Business Growth Grant please refer to the Customer Information Guide.
How to apply for your $20k grant
*You may need to apply for a Business Evaluation before you you can apply for a Business Growth Grant . The Business Evaluation application takes about 15 minutes to complete. Our staff will contact you within four working days of receipt. Apply for a Business Evaluation. Once you have submitted your application you will receive an Entrepreneurs’ Programme Business Evaluation providing a top to bottom analysis of an eligible business at no charge to the business. Business Evaluations are carried out by skilled Business Advisers with private sector experience and insight.
If you meet the criteria above you can apply for a Business Growth Grant, complete the online application form.
Your application must include a quote from a service provider to implement part, or all, the strategies in the:
- Business Evaluation Action Plan
- Growth Plan
- Supplier Improvement Plan
- Tourism Partnership Plan.
The Business Growth Grant application form takes about 30 minutes to complete.
For assistance with the application form contact us.
If your application is successful
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, the Programme Delegate will approve your application, subject to available funding.
We will contact you by email with a response within 15 working days of receiving a complete application.