This program aims to support regional industries, businesses and communities partnering together to deliver projects using artificial intelligence (AI) technologies in the development, implementation and demonstration of real-world applications of artificial intelligence technologies.
Deadline for applications is 21 February 2022 05:00 PM AEDT
Overview and Grant Amount
Applicants to the program must contribute 50% of the total project expenditure in cash contributions from their own resources. Applicants may also provide in-kind contributions, which will be looked on favourably during assessment. Grants from $250,000 to $500,000 are available to applicants with projects that can demonstrate the following:
- supports the development, implementation and demonstration of real-world applications of artificial intelligence technologies that address challenges in regional area(s) in Australia
- increases the awareness and understanding of real-world artificial intelligence applications, opportunities, benefits and risks in regional area(s)
- develops new partnerships between regional industries, businesses and communities with the Australian technology sector
Successful applicants and projects will contribute to the program’s goals. The program outcomes are:
- increased adoption, development and use of artificial intelligence technologies in regional area(s) to lift the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of industry and business
- greater trust, inclusion and awareness of artificial intelligence technologies and their applications in regional area(s)
- to bring forward the potential economic, productivity, social and environmental benefits of artificial intelligence in regional Australian economies and communities, supporting job creation
Eligibility and Criteria
The Catalysing the Artificial Intelligence Opportunity in Our Regions program seeks to form partnerships between regional industries, businesses and communities with the Australian technology sector.
**Your application must include at least one eligible regional participant. The regional participant can be either the lead applicant or a project partner**
You can apply if you meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are a set of rules that describe who we can consider for this grant. You can apply if you:
- are an eligible entity
- have an eligible project
- have eligible expenditure
To be eligible your must have at least one Project Partner. At least one entity involved must be a regional participant and must meet the following:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation
and independently of the program, engage in, or intend to engage in, either or both of the following activities:
- activities to build artificial intelligence capabilities for businesses and communities
- activities to develop businesses and communities in regional areas
For your project to be eligible, your application must show:
- how your project addresses one or more of the program’s objectives and/or outcomes
- a minimum of $500,000 in eligible project expenditure
- that your application has a project partner
- that you or one of your project partners is a regional participant
- that you provide a letter of support from each of the project partners on the template provided
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported
- that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- we provide an accountant declaration templateto help you confirms you can fund your share of the project costs, including any ineligible expenditure
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the grant opportunity guidelines and sample grant agreement before lodging an application.
To apply, you must submit your application through the online portal. You’ll need to set up an account when you first log into the portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!