The City of Melbourne Business Event Sponsorship Program provides funding to support businesses and individuals hosting business events, such as conferences, showcases, workshops, seminars and networking functions. Funding is open to businesses and organisations planning to hold business events within the City of Melbourne municipality.
Key dates of this grant are as follows:
- Applications open on Monday 18 October 2021 at 9am.
- Applications close on Friday 19 November 2021 at 11.59pm.
- The assessment period is from 22 November to 31 December 2021.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in January 2022.
- Events to run as proposed before 30 June 2022.
Overview and Grant Amount
The program provides support to organisations and individuals delivering business events in line with the City of Melbourne’s objectives. The business event must:
- Provide coordinated support for Melbourne’s innovation, entrepreneurship and startup ecosystem through diverse business and industry innovation events to encourage business development and capacity building.
- Enhance the profile and reputation of Melbourne’s knowledge economy by stimulating the business events industry with innovative events that foster a cohesive, smart community.
- Increase economic impact for the city, drive reactivation and stimulate recovery from COVID19 by attracting people to Melbourne and promoting the city as a great destination to do business, study and live.
Sponsorships are offered up to the value of $10,000. Some of the recipients of this program are in the list below. To view all recipients throughout the years, you may visit this page.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible for a Business Event Sponsorship, you must:
- propose to deliver a business event including a multi-day program, conference, exhibition, pitch competition, showcase, demo day, product demonstration, workshop, seminar networking, ceremony, awards or meeting of at least 100 people that achieves the program objectives
- deliver the business event within the eligibility dates (before 30 June 2022) and demonstrating how any COVID-19 restrictions may impact delivery of the event
- deliver the business event within the City of Melbourne municipality boundaries
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an Australian registered business, sole trader, company, business cooperative or partnership and provide documented evidence of its legal structure
- demonstrate how the City of Melbourne will benefit from its proposed event (please refer to the City of Melbourne Council Plan 2021–25 and Economic Development Strategy 2031)
- demonstrate sustainable business practices in line with the Australian Ethical Charter
- provide evidence of current public liability and professional indemnity insurance policies when requested and maintain these insurances when delivering the event
- have no outstanding acquittals or debts to the City of Melbourne or have failed to comply with the terms and conditions of any previous funding agreement or grant from City of Melbourne
Applications can only be made online via SmartyGrants and must be submitted by the deadline.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!