The Small Business Grants program provides financial assistance to develop new ideas and support market- ready products and services that enhance the City of Melbourne’s reputation for innovation and creativity, and contribute to a thriving, sustainable business culture.
Grants are open to forward-thinking small businesses currently located or intending to locate within the City of Melbourne.
Start-ups and established businesses from any sector are welcome to apply as long as they have a great idea and a sound business proposal that will proceed regardless of grant funding. The program offers two funding rounds annually.
What is the funding for?
- Development: Up to $20,000 is available for startups not yet generating revenue to test and validate the business proposal by building and testing prototypes, conducting trials, pilot programs and testing the market to validate a concept.
- Start-Up: Up to $30,000 in funding to assist with the establishment of new and innovative businesses.
- Expansion: Up to $30,000 to assist an existing small business operating in the City of Melbourne that will introduce a new or additional activity, product or service or intends to relocate to or within the municipality as part of its expansion.
- Export: Up to $10,000 to help companies enter and expand into new overseas markets. This could be small businesses looking to enter the international market for the first time, or experienced exporters who wish to expand into new markets. If your activities involve export, you should also investigate EMDG grants.
Operational expenses that are considered as ongoing costs to run the business, such as rent, utilities, wages and personal expenses are not funded.
Applications close on Monday 16 March 2020 at 11.59pm (EST).
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
Applicants must meet the Business Funding Program general eligibility.
In addition, they must:
- have fewer than 20 FTE employees at the time of applying for the grant.
- be prepared to relocate to the City of Melbourne within three months of receiving a grant (if not already in the municipality) or have majority of the developmental activity conducted in the City of Melbourne.
- demonstrate solid market potential and ready start trading (start-up category).
- introduce a completely new product/service into their company portfolio (expansion category).
- increase the overall value and volume of exports from the City of Melbourne (export category).
How do I apply?
Register for one of the workshop sessions initially:
Once you are ready to apply, follow this link to the Small Business Grants page for more details.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
To see if you may be eligible for R&D Tax Incentive, Export Market Development Grants (EMDG), or Innovation grants please follow the links below:
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.