The Small Business Grants program provides financial assistance to small businesses currently located or intending to locate in the City of Melbourne.
The key objectives of the Small Business Grants program is to:
- increase diversity in the city by supporting the establishment of new and creative small businesses
- assist existing innovative businesses that are introducing innovative services or products as part of their expansion phase
- encourage and support businesses to enter and expand into new overseas markets (that is, export)
- support member-based organisations within the city.
Am I eligible for a small business grant?
Before you apply for a grant, you should determine whether you are eligible. Read the general guidelines for Grant eligibility first. Then read the information for each grant category below for further specific requirements.
There are four categories of grants:
- Business expansion
- Export entry
- Business support services
August 2010 funding round
The closing date for next funding round is Friday 13 August 2010. There will be a free public information session in July.
Details are as follows:
Date/Time: 19 July 2010, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Venue: Supper Room, Melbourne Town Hall
Registration is essential for the session. Click here to register.