CRC-P grants support short term industry-led collaborations to develop important new technologies, products and services that deliver tangible outcomes.
To support the overall aims of the CRC Program, CRC-Ps must:
- be a short term, industry-identified and industry-led collaborative research project to develop a product, service or process that will solve problems for industry and deliver tangible outcomes
- benefit SMEs and increase their capacity to grow and adapt in changing markets
- include education and training activities.
The minimum grant amount is $100,000.
The maximum grant amount is $3 million.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible grant project value.
The maximum grant period is 3 years.
You can use funding to support costs directly related to the project, including for:
- new research
- proof of concept activities
- pre-commercialisation of research outcomes
- industry-focused education and training activities, such as internships and secondments between industry entities and research organisations.
- conferences, workshops, symposia related to the joint research
- related information sharing and communication initiatives related to the joint research.
Other costs may also be eligible for grant funding.
You cannot use funding for the same activities or project previously or currently financed through any other funding scheme.
Collaborations from all industry sectors, research disciplines and community sectors can apply.
To be eligible as a lead applicant you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and
- be an industry entity where the majority of your revenue is not derived from government sources and you are capable of commercialising research.
Each CRC-P must include and maintain amongst its project partners at least:
- two Australian industry entities including at least one SME and
- one Australian research organisation.
You are not eligible to apply as the lead applicant if you are:
- an individual, partnership or trust
- a research organisation
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government agency or body (including government business enterprises)
- an organisation that derives the majority of its revenues from any government
- an entity whose primary function is administrative or to provide support services to a CRC-P.
For more information on eligibility please refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
To be competitive you must score highly against all of the merit criteria.
- Merit criterion 1 – Project alignment with the program objectives and outcomes (40 points)
- Merit criterion 2 – The quality and benefits of your project (30 points)
- Merit criterion 3 – Capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project (20 points)
- Merit criterion 4 – Impact of the grant funding on your project (10 points)
For more information on the merit criteria please refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
How to apply
When a CRC Projects selection round opens you can complete an application online through the Portal:
- The agreed authorised representative must complete the application form.
- You must identify an appropriate contact person that we can talk to in relation to your application.
To access your submitted CRC-P application please sign in via the online portal.
Round 6 timing:
Deadline -13 September 2018
|Round Open||Round Close||Outcomes
|2 August 2018||13 September 2018||December 2018||1 January 2019|
It is expected the 7th selection round will be held in the first half of 2019.
You should read the grant opportunity guidelines, sample grant agreement and factsheets before you apply. Grant opportunity guidelines provide detailed information on the grant opportunity, including granting activity objectives; all eligibility and merit criteria; the assessment processes; reporting and acquittal requirements; and a description of review mechanisms.
To apply, fill in the online application form.
Want to get the best Application?
Don’t wait till its too late. Ask Treadstone to help. Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success since 2008; recently securing three $1m+ grants for our clients.
To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.