The Cooperative Research Centres – Program (CRC-P) Grants provide funding for short-term research collaborations with up to $3M in grant funding.
Closing date is on 05 May 2022 05:00 PM AEST, with outcome expected late 2022 and funding from late 2022.
Overview and Grant Amount
The industry-led collaboration program is a matched funding grant of between $100,000 and $3 million. Grants are for up to 3 years:
- improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries, especially where Australia has a competitive strength, and in line with government priorities, including the National Manufacturing Priorities
- foster high quality research to solve industry-identified problems through industry-led and outcome-focused collaborative research partnerships between industry entities and research organisations
- encourage and facilitate small and medium enterprise (SME) participation in collaborative research
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- establishing industry-research sector collaborations
- SME participation in collaborative research
- collaborative research results
- research results relevant to government priorities
- increased research skills in industry and increased industry capability in research
- improved competitiveness and productivity for industry participating in CRCs and CRC-Ps
- industry, research and other users valuing the program
- develop a product, service or process that will solve problems for industry and deliver real outcomes
- benefit small to medium enterprises (SMEs)
- include education and training activities
You can use the funding to cover costs directly related to your project including (not complete other costs may also be eligible):
- new research
- proof of concept activities
- pre-commercialisation of research outcomes
- industry-focused education and training activities
- conferences, workshops, symposia related to the joint research
- information sharing and communications related to the research
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, a business must have:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation
Your trading activities must be either:
- enough to be called a trading corporation
- a major, not minor, part of your overall activity
Project partners must include:
- 2 Australian industry organisations, including at least 1 SME
- 1 Australian research organisation
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!