The Innovate to Grow program of CSIRO is a free, self-paced and virtually delivered 10-week program designed to help SMEs. Here, participants get the chance to leverage the expertise of experienced researchers and innovation experts.
The course will provide tools and information to help you better understand what’s involved with R&D and key things you need to consider at each step of the process. You’ll be able to apply this knowledge to advance your innovation journey.
You will also be exposed to industry knowledge, hear from innovation and industry experts and work with a sector or R&D mentor. Throughout the course, you will also work alongside other like-minded SMEs and build your networks.
Courses and Deadlines
The program runs for 10 weeks, and courses run throughout the year. This is also a high-demand program and places are limited. Upcoming courses for 2023 are as follows:
- Mining/METs – Applications open 16 January 2023
- Defence – Applications are now closed. Register your interest for future intakes.
- Cyber Security – Applications are now closed. Register your interest for future intakes.
- Manufacturing – Applications are now closed. Register your interest for future intakes.
The program is self-paced and is delivered in three phases.
Phase 1: Program preparation
- 2 hours
- Participants will be provided with an on-boarding session, pre-workshop videos, materials and questionnaires to assist in preparing for the program.
Phase 2: Half-day workshop
- Week 1
- The program’s main component is a half-day workshop covering the program concept. Participants will hear from CSIRO, industry and research experts across Australia as well as relevant industry SMEs.
- Key topics include trends within your industry sector, a panel discussion with collaborating SMEs, and current funding opportunities for R&D.
Phase 3: Self-paced
- Week 2-10, 60-day online, 2-3 hours/week
- Participants will work through the online innovation program at their own pace, supported by CSIRO experts and experienced innovation facilitators to develop and test their research ideas and business cases.
- Fortnightly webinars will be offered with guest speakers on various topics of interest from your sector.
Please get in touch with the program coordinator, Mrs Michelle Armistead, for more information and queries. CSIRO also offers other R&D support for SMEs, regardless of sector, through funding and facilitation. Their programs can help you refine your research problem, find the right researcher, and provide matched funding. Some of these are Innovation Connections and Kick-Start.
We have 14 years of experience preparing EMDG claims and can assist in making sure you receive your maximum rebate.
Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!