STEM+ Business grants provide up to $105,000 per annum, which must be matched in cash by the business. SIEF STEM+ Business fellowships are provided through funding from the Science and Industry Endowment Fund (SIEF) and are administered by CSIRO’s SME Connect team.
What is the funding for?
The STEM+ Business program places early-career STEM researchers into SME businesses for two to three year research projects. SME’s can apply for funding of up to $105k per annum.
The research project can be carried out in conjunction with any publicly-funded Australian research organisation and has no industry sector-restrictions – the project must simply be research involving science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Eligibility – Who can access the STEM+ Business grants?
Australian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that:
- Have completed, or be in the process of completing, an AusIndustry Researcher-in-Business or Research Connections / Innovation Connections project.
- Have an annual turnover or operating expenditure between $1.0m and $100m in the current or two preceding financial years, AND
- Has collaborated with a research organisation on a 1-1 basis for at least 5 months, with the company contributing at least $25k.
The objectives of the program are to:
- build deep connection and collaboration between universities/research organisations and SMEs that allow for knowledge flow between research and industry sectors
- accelerate the adoption of new ideas and technologies by Australian SMEs
- fast track solutions to increase the competitiveness of Australian SMEs
- elevate the significance of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines as skills and capabilities central to industrial competitiveness
- provide practical experience in industry for ECRs, creating and sustaining a cohort of researchers capable of addressing national challenges
How do I apply?
Additional information and details on how to apply can be found on the CSIRO website here.
Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for 03 90085937 or email.