Victorian defence supply chain businesses will have access to funding to help secure contracts and create new jobs under a new initiative announced by the Victorian Government.The $2 million Victorian Defence Industry Supply Chain Program will give businesses across Victoria the best possible opportunity to secure work in defence and national security.
In particular, the program will help local businesses gain relevant accreditations, prepare tenders and meet industry specific compliance requirements by providing matching funding up to $50,000 per year.
Am I eligible?
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance:
- Be a legal entity that is currently engaged in a defence or national security supply chain or able to demonstrate a genuine intent to enter a defence or national security supply chain
- Have an operating business presence in Victoria
- Employ fewer than 200 people within Australia
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be able to meet the required cash co-contribution ($1 for every $1 provided)
- Has a proven compliance with all workplace health and safety obligations
- Meets all industrial relation obligations as an employer.
Tips and hints
- It is recommended that potential applicants access the Centre for Defence Industry Capability advisory and facilitation services before submitting an application.
- Potential applicants are encouraged to first discuss their eligibility and proposed project with a staff member at a Regional Development Victoria Office , Victorian Government Business Office or the Victorian Defence Procurement Office (via program contacts below).
For more information about this program contact us at Treadstone or visit http://www.business.vic.gov.au/defence-support.