Provides eligible SMEs with matched funding grants of up to $150,000 to invest in projects that build defence export capability to build a stronger, more sustainable and globally competitive Australian defence industry.
What is the funding for?
Defence Global Competitiveness Grants are a dedicated annual grants program of up to $4.1 million each year in matched funding supporting eligible Australian Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
Defence Global Competitiveness Grants will build the export capability of Australian SMEs by assisting in overcoming barriers to accessing export opportunities, including achieving international accreditations and procuring capital items.
Eligible activities must directly relate to a project that will help your business build defence industry export capability and may include:
- Buying, leasing, constructing, installing or commissioning of capital equipment including specialist software to enhance cyber security;
- Design, engineering and commissioning activities; and/or
- Workforce training and accreditations.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible you must:
- be an SME with less than 200 employees
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a company, incorporated in Australia or an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- provide an external Accountant Declaration that confirms you can fund your share of the project costs. You must use the Accountant Declaration form available at the bottom of this page.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises).
To be competitive you must score highly against all of the merit criteria:
- The extent that your project will help your business to build defence industry export capability (50 points)
- Your capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project (30 points)
- The impact of grant funding on your project (20 points)
How do I apply?
You should read the grant opportunity guidelines and sample grant agreement before you apply. The guidelines provide detailed information on the grant opportunity, including granting activity objectives; all eligibility and merit criteria; the assessment processes; reporting and acquittal requirements; and a description of review mechanisms.
To apply, you must submit your application through the online portal. You will need to set up an account when you first log into the portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or contact us.