What is EMDG?
The Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme is a key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. Administered by Austrade, the scheme supports a wide range of industry sectors and products, including ICT, manufacturers, inbound tourism and the export of intellectual property and know-how outside Australia.
EMDG for expenses in FY21 -update
EMDG for expenses in FY21will remain eligible under the prior rules (see below)
Max payout of $150,000 across all exporters, however performance measures will cap rebate amount. First tranche payout for FY21 will be a maximum of $30,000. Remaining Tranche 2 payout will be in June 2022 with a reduced rate to be determined by Austrade, likely to be between 30%- 80%.
BIG CHANGES FOR EMDG FROM 1ST JULY 2021
EMDG for expenses in FY22 will be under the NEW RULES:
- EMDG for expenses in FY22 will be under the NEW RULES:
- Must be under $20m turnover in prior year.
- You must submit a grant application at the start of the year (between 16th Aug 2021- 30th Nov 2021) or you will have to wait another year.
- You will choose 2 or 3 years of grant payments under Tier 1,2 or 3 with yearly payouts of $40k ,$80k or $150k.
- Austrade will decide how much you will get after adding up all grant applications and send you a grant agreement.
- Payments will be made when expenses have been paid on nominated milestones.
- Cant have more than 7 prior EMDG grants (except for Approved Bodies)
EMDG basics (FY21)
How can we help you?
Treadstone has been helping clients with EMDG preparation, applications and audits since 2008. Working with us means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We also provide advice for forward planning your marketing with the key goal of maximising your rebate.
QIP Extended lodgement dates through Treadstone
For the 2020-21 grant year the self-submit EMDG deadline is 30th Nov 2021.
Treadstone is qualified to submit EMDG grants under Austrade’s extended lodgement program (EMDG QIP). This gives us 3 extra months to prepare your application, till 2nd March 2022 for 2020-21 year.
To find out more please contact us on (03) 9008 5937 or email us.