Austrade has published some statistics from Rounds 1, 2 and 3 EMDG applicants; EMDG Round 4 details below. You can find the latest application statistics including the top 10 export markets for each round here:
Austrade has also published 2 new EMDG reports:
- Profile of EMDG recipients as of September 2023 – this report includes the size of EMDG recipient businesses by turnover and employment, as well as industry sectors and export markets.
- Assessment on the value of EMDG – this report looks at the performance of businesses that have received grants under the EMDG program.
EMDG Round 4 to open in late 2024
Austrade expects Round 4 to open for applications late in 2024. Before they can open Round 4, Austrade will undertake a complete strategic refocus, including:
- developing and approving revised EMDG rules and grant guidelines
- developing program documentation
- conducting communication and outreach activities
- making changes to the EMDG online portal and the grants management platform.
Round 4 grantee payments will start from July 2025. Round 1,2 and 3 applicant Grant Agreements will end and all applicants will need to reapply if they are eligible for further funding. The current guidelines allow for up to 8 grant payments (i.e., 8 years of EMDG).
We have over 15 years of experience preparing EMDG and can assist in making sure you receive your maximum rebate.
With all the changes happening around EMDG, it is easy to lose track. Maintaining compliance is paramount. You must advise Austrade of any changes to your circumstances as per your grant agreement. Failure to advise Austrade of changes may result in a termination of a grant agreement.
Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!