The Energy Innovation Fund is a government grant established by the by the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism to provide $150 million over four years to support the development of clean energy technologies. The Energy Innovation Fund is managed by the Department of
Resources, Energy and Tourism and consists of:
- $100 million for research into concentrating solar thermal energy and solar photovoltaic technologies, delivered through an Australian Solar Institute.
- $50 million for the Clean Energy Program to provide competitive government grants for research and development in clean energy technologies in areas such renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage technologies and hydrogen transport fuels.
Key objectives of the Energy Innovation Fund include:
- restoring and maintaining Australia’s world leadership in solar energy research and development
- accelerating the development of new and innovative clean energy technologies that will lead to medium to long term reductions in emissions from energy production and use
- increasing the level of collaboration within Australia and internationally on clean energy research and development
- creating clean energy technology development, growth and export opportunities for Australian businesses.
Treadstone will release more information on this government grant when it becomes available