The Export Assistance Grant provides exporting businesses, or businesses who were exporting goods or services before the impacts of COVID-19, bushfires or drought, with funding to help them access global markets.
Overview and Grant Amount
The grant is for NSW exporting businesses. It aims to help eligible companies to access global markets. The funding grant of up to $10,000 can be used for:
- marketing materials
- website internationalisation
- pivoting to online delivery (for example, converting face-to-face training content to online content for international audiences)
- e-commerce development
- market research
- international tradeshow and trade missions
- inbound business support
- costs to support compliance/localisation of products for export
- costs to protect business in international markets
Applications close at 11:59pm on 31 December 2021 or when the allocated funding is exhausted
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, you must:
- be based in NSW
- have an Australian business number (ABN) and be registered for goods and services tax (GST) as at 1 August 2019
- be currently exporting or were exporting prior to the impacts of COVID-19, bushfires or drought
- employ a minimum of 3 full-time equivalent workers at the time of application
- own the goods/services to be exported, or be able to provide documented evidence that you are the agreed export supplier
- produce the goods/services to be exported in Australia, or be able to provide documented evidence that the business provides substantial value to NSW
- be an exporting business with an annual turnover of (a) up to $100 million, or (b) greater than $100 million and you can demonstrate export turnover has declined by more than 30% in the 2019-2020 financial year and you have an intention to re-establish your export business in your established markets and/or diversify into new markets
Applicants are encouraged to read through all the criteria set by this grant, which may be found here.
Note: If you have applied for the Australian Government’s Export Market Development Grant (EMDG), you may still be eligible for the export assistance grant. Conditions apply, see the guidelines for more information. EMDG deadline for FY22+ is 30th November 2021.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our free newsletter!