Grants of up to $25,000 are available to Australian food and agribusinesses geographically located in and affected by drought, flood, fire, African Swine Flu and coronavirus epidemic. Grants are to be used to support business, product or service innovations. No matched funding is required.
What is the funding for?
Grants funds can only be spent on eligible activities. This includes:
- Costs for trials
- contracting consultants
- shelf life
- microbiological and laboratory testing
- purchase or lease of new capital items for innovation.
All projects must include an aspect of formalised job specific training or upskilling related to the project. This education must be completed by either the applicant or applicants’ staff with training records of completion to be provided.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
- Only food or agribusiness owners who were negatively affected by events of national natural catastrophe or global diseases outbreaks in 2019 or 2020 are eligible.
- Recipients are entitled to a single grant per affected business.
- Only Australian Registered companies with a minimum 12-month track record prior to the event, and a trading history in/supporting the agri-food sector can apply.
- This grant is only for business, product or service innovations, not recovery assistance.
- Part of the funding provided must go toward training or upskilling of staff. This training plan must be included in the application. Submissions without a training plan will be not considered.
- Applicants must attempt to commercial the innovation within 24 months of completion. As such a commercialisation plan must be included in the application, showing a clear path to market.
How do I apply?
Applications are currently open, and the deadline is 9th April 2020.
To find out more information on the Black Summer Innovation Program by FIAL, and to apply, please click here.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
To see if you may be eligible for R&D Tax Incentive, Export Market Development Grants (EMDG), or Innovation grants please follow the links below:
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.