Innovation Connections grant is a federal government program that seeks to help small and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) be commercially competitive by funding collaborative partnerships with the research sector. There are 3 available grants in which SMEs can apply for with a maximum value of $50,000. Applicants must apply for an Innovation Connections Facilitation before they can access the grant.
This grant happens in two stages: Innovation Connections Facilitation then the Innovation Connections Grant
Innovation Connections Facilitation Eligibility:
- Your business must be operating in any of these growth sectors:
- advanced manufacturing
- food and agribusiness
- medical technologies and pharmaceuticals
- mining equipment, technology and services
- oil, gas and energy resources
- Be a solvent, for-profit, non-tax-exempt company that is registered for GST and incorporated and operating in Australia
- Be a company with trading activities that are the majority of its overall activities
- Have filed Business Activity Statements showing ongoing trading in at least 3 successive years
- Annual turnover or operating expenditure in 1 of the last 3 financial years must be:
- between $1.5 million and $100 million, or
- limit of $750,000 if your business is located in remote or Northern Australia
- Provide enabling technologies or services to one or more of the growth sectors
- Show a commitment to, and have the skills, capability, intellectual property or expertise to operate in, one of the growth sectors in the future
*You cannot apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee that meets the trading activity requirements above may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, state or local government agency or body (including government business enterprises)
- on the Workplace Gender Equality Agency non-compliant list
Innovation Connections Grant Eligibility:
- You have received a Service Report
- Apply within 12 months of receiving the report
- Be able to fund the total project costs, as the grant is paid after completion of the project
- Not use in-kind contributions or funds from other government grants or programmes to cover the project costs
- Not have received an Innovation Connections Grant in the last 5 years, unless you have confirmation that you can apply for a supplementary grant
Previous Grant Recipients
Find out who has received Innovation Connections Grants in the past. List of previous grant recipients.
How to Apply?
You can lodge your application for Innovation Connections Facilitation at any time.
Once you’ve satisfied all the criteria, you can apply for the Innovation Connections Grant and get the result within 15 working days of successful lodgement.
Treadstone experts can help you understand the entire process and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
We are available to discuss your eligibility for this grant through the contact details below.
Phone: (03) 9008 5937
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants and sign up to our free newsletter!