The inaugural ‘Pivot Pitch’ competition for technology start-ups will provide the chance win access to over $100,000 of cash, support and prizes. Applications are now open for business who wish to be involved in the business pitch competition and must register before 5pm, 10th November 2016.
The 12 shortlisted finalists in the Pivot Pitch competition will be invited to ‘pitch’ their technology concept to a panel of judges – with the three category winners pitching in front of the live audience of hundreds of attendees at the conclusion of Pivot Summit, in Geelong on Friday 2 December.
The overall winner automatically qualifies for the very first pitch to the ‘Runway’ selection panel. Runway is the Geelong based start-up incubator that recently received $1.25 million of funding from LaunchVic, a Victorian Government initiative.
A spot in the Runway program includes pre-seed capital funding, mentoring and access to a shared working space to work on the concept. Other prizes include a brand strategy package, tech mentoring, and Minimum Viable Product workshops by Geelong’s leading technology organisations.
Who can enter?
Individuals or teams residing in Australia, employed at government research organisations, educational facilities, or small-medium business can enter.
Pivot Pitch is an investment pitching competition focused on helping innovators and entrepreneurs commercialise IT based ideas, early stage projects and start-ups.
Potential projects would incorporate a major element of I.T. as a part of its solution, and may be Software (and SaaS), Systems, Applications, Product or service, Web, Mobile, Communications, Social Media and Research (with Commercial application).
The submission may be:
- software, systems, applications, tools, services and / or products;
- a newly developed offer (ie novel research with commercial potential);
- an adaption of an existing product / service, or;
- applied use of an existing technology.
There will be 12 shortlisted finalists, with 3 category winners. Categories include: Overall Winner, Geelong Winner, and Seed (Concept phase) Winner.
What is the funding amount available?
Over $100,000 of cash, support and prizes.
- A project that is an idea, concept or prototype (which includes projects that have been commercially launched for less than 12 months).
- Generated not more than $250,000 in sales (amounts of any existing sales of the product / service need to be declared).
- Received less than $500,000 of venture capital or non-venture capital sources (e.g. government grants) to help commercialise the project. Note: we will accept entries that have received more than $100,000 of ‘research and development’ funding;
- Own or have the right to use the intellectual property developed (or must not be in violation of any intellectual property rights).
The submission must be less than 1,500 words and cover each of the following topics:
- 50 word Project Summary
- Project Description
- Market Opportunity
- Target Market
- Business Model
- Intellectual Property / Proprietary Knowledge
- Project Team Capabilities
Entrants may attach up to two pages of pictures, diagrams and / or flow charts – no product marketing brochures, or a video of no more than three minutes.
For Stage 3, The Investment Pitches may include Powerpoint slides, Video, or Physical prototype demonstrations.
How to apply.
STAGE 1 – Complete and submit the Investment Submission Template.
STAGE 2 – The top 12 submissions will be invited to attend a ½ day Investment Pitching Education session.
STAGE 3 – Presentation to the Judging Panel.
5pm, 10th November 2016.
Treadstone helps Australian businesses navigate and win Government Grants. Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations. Treadstone are an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success. To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.