CSIRO Kick-Start is a program aimed at innovative start-ups and small- and medium-sized companies registered and operating in Australia for scale and development.
What is the funding for?
Businesses have the chance to access dollar-matched funding of up to $50,000 towards research activities with CSIRO. These include:
- Research into a new idea with commercial potential.
- Development of a novel or improved product or process.
- Testing of a novel product, developed by the company, to inform research and development activities.
Are you eligible to access CSIRO Kick-Start?
You will need to provide evidence that your business meets the following criteria as part of the application process:
- Have an annual turnover and operating expenditure <$1.5million, in the current and each of the 2 previous financial years, OR have been a registered company for less than 3 years;
- Have an ACN and be registered for GST; and
- Be able to demonstrate that you can fully support your proportion of the project funding
A second funding is possible for those who have received the same grant after completion of their first, providing they continue to fulfil the eligibility requirements.
How to Apply?
You can download the program guidelines and the expression of interest form in the CSIRO Kick-Start webpage. This grant is open all year round.
Treadstone experts can help you understand the entire process and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
We are available to discuss your eligibility for this grant through the contact details below.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants and sign up to our free newsletter!
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.