Grants of up to $50,000 are available to small and medium size Victorian manufacturers to grow, generating economic activity, securing well-paid jobs, increasing exports, and reducing Victoria’s reliance on international supply chains, as Victoria transitions to net zero emissions.
Deadlines and Timings
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 17 FEBRUARY 2023
Projects will be expected to commence within 60 days of execution of the grant agreement.
Successful applicants will need to complete the project activities within 12 months of the date of the grant agreement.
Overview and Grant Amount
The Low Carbon Manufacturing Grant Program – Business Readiness Stream (the program) assists small to medium size Victorian manufacturers to access business services, advice, or expertise in order to participate in low carbon and renewable energy supply chains. Funding could support technology adoption, the commercialisation or late-stage research and development of products for local and global supply chains in response to emerging market opportunities in the transition to a low carbon economy. The program will utilise co-investment funding of $1:$1 to support the investment readiness of Victorian manufacturers to:
- introduce new low carbon component or product manufacturing capability
- enter new local and global supply chains for renewable energy and low carbon components
- leverage commercial and government investments and contracts
The following outcomes are expected of projects funded under this program:
- increase in capability and preparedness of Victorian manufacturers to make components or products to support the transition to net zero emissions
- support Victorian manufacturers to capture government and commercial investments and contracts
- support Victorian manufacturers to participate in local and global supply chains
Eligibility and Criteria
The program is open to small to medium sized manufacturers with an existing manufacturing presence in Victoria who are on a growth trajectory and require support to access business services, advice, or expertise to capitalise on emerging market opportunities associated with the low carbon economy.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- be an eligible legal entity
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an employing business registered for WorkCover insurance with WorkSafe Victoria
- agree to meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- be currently engaged in manufacturing or the manufacturing supply chain or demonstrate a genuine commercial connection to the manufacturing supply chain in Victoria
An Incorporated Trustee can apply on behalf of a Trust provided that the Trustee:
- will remain sufficiently liable for the performance of any agreement it signs
- has a right to be indemnified from the assets of the Trust
- is indemnified from the assets of the Trust d. comply with the criteria as set out for Companies
The individual Partners may apply on behalf of a Partnership provided that the Partners:
- will remain sufficiently liable for the performance of any agreement they sign
- comply with the criteria as set out for Companies
- Commonwealth, state and local government agencies or bodies
- publicly funded research institutions
- industry associations or business chambers
- not-for-profit organisations
- community-based organisations
- joint applications
Projects should respond to emerging market opportunities associated with the transition to a low carbon economy, specifically translatable to new or scaled manufacturing opportunities for the business. Funding may support but not be limited to:
- commercialisation of new products and components
- market research into local and global supply chains
- capability training for skills transition and uplift
- business case development for major investment or business diversification
- process innovation for low carbon manufacturing
Eligible project expenditure for funding includes project related non-capital expenditure required to deliver the project and project-related costs of the business service providers. Applicants will need to meet the cost of any additional and ineligible expenditure that are outside the scope of the Project. Eligible project expenditure must:
- be incurred by the grant recipient within 12 months of execution of the grant agreement
- be a direct cost of the project
- be exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- capital expenditure
- internal costs, salaries, or resources of the Applicant
- software and hardware purchases outside of the project
- interpreting and translation (with the exception of branding or promotional translating associated with broader marketing campaigns)
- costs associated with minor or non-technical alterations of a product to suit a specific market
- costs associated with applying for government grants and funding program
- basic professional services such as ongoing, routine accounting, tax and legal business requirements, licencing, costs associated with export documentation, legal/intellectual property costs, financing fees
- routine maintenance
- entertainment costs
- costs associated with group trade missions
- any amount paid on account of goods and services tax
- any administrative fees or surcharges for administering the expenditures listed above
- services relating to import activities
- projects where the purpose relates to offshore manufacturing
- intellectual property fees and charges associated with registering domestic or international patents or other intellectual property enforcement expenses
- land acquisition
- any other expenditure as determined by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (the department) that does not meet program conditions
We have 14 years of experience preparing EMDG claims and can assist in making sure you receive your maximum rebate.
Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!