The Manufacturing Modernisation Fund has received a boost of $52.8m in funding announced in the Federal Budget on 6th October 2020. The Grant will open for applications in late 2020.
The MMF round two aims to address barriers to growth and innovation.
NOW OPEN for applications:
Info session: 16th Dec 2020
Closing date: 21st Jan 2021 5 PM AEDT.
MMF round two will:
- co-fund capital investment technology upgrades that help transform businesses
- help create and maintain a highly skilled workforce through jobs growth and upskilling
The program will offer:
- large-scale grants of $100,000 to $1 million on a 3-to-1 funding basis
- support for transformative investments in technologies and processes
The Australian Government is building on the success of the $48.3 million round one of the MMF. Round one supported around 200 projects valued at more than $215 million. These projects are expected to create around 2,600 new jobs.
MMF round two will open before the end of 2020. To be eligible for grants, businesses will need to show:
- expected job growth
- upskilling of their existing employees
- alignment with the National Manufacturing Priorities
This funding complements the establishment of the Modern manufacturing Initiative.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible you must:
- be an entity incorporated in Australia
- be a manufacturing SME, with up to 199 employees (headcount)
- clearly identify the level of job creation expected
- Co-funding grants of between $100,000 and $1 million, up to 25 per cent of eligible project expenditure. Minimum project size $400k.
- Available for Small to medium manufacturing enterprises (SMEs) with up to 199 employees.
- Only available for companies in the following sectors:
- resources technology and critical minerals processing
- food and beverage
- medical products
- recycling and clean energy
For more information on eligibility please read the Grant opportunity guidelines.
Need help with your grant application?
Treadstone provides expert grant writing assistance. Contact us to find out how we can help you win your grant. Phone 03 9008 5937 or email us.