Through the MHGP program, $13.5 million is available to assist regional manufacturing businesses. Up to $4.5 million is available for each manufacturing hub to build the advanced manufacturing capability of the Cairns, Townsville and Rockhampton regions.
Each hub will provide a place for local manufacturing businesses to receive expert advice and support to transition to advanced manufacturing through world-leading technologies.
Financial assistance will be available to successful applicants to assist the building of their advanced manufacturing capabilities through technology adoption, skills and training, business development, and ARM Hub services.
What is the funding for?
Applicants are expected to include whole-of-project requirements and costs in each application. The following project types provide a guide as to what may be eligible, with example projects available through the link below.
- Process improvement
- Advanced robotics
- New technologies
- Advanced systems
- Professional advice
- Improvement planning
- Waste reduction planning
- Market expansion planning
- Associated project costs
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible to receive funding under the MHGP, applicants must:
- be a Queensland-based, SME, or demonstrate that the business should be considered an SME, to DSDMIP’s satisfaction, whose principal activity and majority of annual turnover is derived from Manufacturing;
- have its main operations located in the SA4 Region for the relevant Manufacturing Hub in Queensland, and have operated within Queensland for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years prior to the applicant submitting its application;
- be registered for GST and hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN);
- have a proposed Eligible Activity that targets Queensland’s manufacturing industry and be relevantto the national and international market, products and services of the applicant;
- be able to demonstrate that the applicant can verify or validate the expected effectiveness andoutcomes of the proposed Eligible Activity;
- meet any professional pre-requisites for Eligible Activities;
- have the financial capacity and standing necessary to conduct the proposed Eligible Activity,including the amount to be contributed to the project;
- be willing to enter into a binding funding agreement with the State, stipulating that the financialassistance will be used to fund Eligible Activities;
- not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupts; and
- not be a federal, state or local government entity, statutory authority or not-for-profit organisation.
How do I apply?
Further details and information on how to apply can be found here.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
To see if you may be eligible for R&D Tax Incentive, Export Market Development Grants (EMDG), or Innovation grants please follow the links below:
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.