The $50 million Manufacturing Modernisation Fund supports manufacturers to modernise, adopt new technologies, become more productive and create more jobs by co-funding capital investments and associated reskilling.
What is the funding for?
Modernisation can include technology upgrades, efficiency upgrades, such as energy or process optimisation, or more transformative changes to your business, which will allow you to produce new products or diversify into new markets.
The program aims to:
- support investment in efficient and transformative manufacturing processes by small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- support jobs growth and a more highly skilled workforce in the manufacturing sector
The program will run over 3 years and will be delivered through two streams of funding:
- an estimated $20 million for matched grants of between $50,000 to $100,000 for small scale technology and efficiency investments
- an estimated $30 million for larger grants between $100,000 to $1 million, on a three to one funding basis, to support transformative investments in technologies and processes
The maximum grant period is 2 years.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible you must:
- be an entity incorporated in Australia
- engage in trading activities that:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of its overall activities; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation
You must also:
- be a manufacturing small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with up to 199 employees (headcount)
- clearly identify the level of job creation expected
- provide evidence from your board that the project is supported and you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
For more information on eligibility please refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
How do I apply?
More details on how to apply can be found on the business.gov.au website.
Applications close: 31 October 2019 5:00 pm AEDT
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.