The Food Innovation Australia Ltd’s Project Fund is available with matching funding for innovation projects that encourage business collaboration in the food and agribusiness sector, to lift productivity and competitiveness.
The programme aims to boost competitiveness and productivity in Australia across the six Industry Growth Sectors, by providing matched funding to multiple collaborative industry partners (a ‘Consortium’) to deliver innovation projects that address one of the four objectives of the Growth Centres:
- Identifying opportunities to reduce regulatory burden
- Increasing collaboration and commercialisation between researchers and industry
- Improving capabilities to engage with international markets and global supply chains
- Enhancing management and workforce skills
Who can apply?
Small and large businesses in the food and agribusiness sector.
To be eligible a ‘consortium’ must involve a minimum of two business and one or more of the following: research organisations, universities, Government and other agencies or associations, commercialisation offices of publicly funded research organisations.
This is a competitive programme guided by the priorities of the Growth Centre Initiatives. Projects that involve and benefit multiple businesses across the sector will be viewed more favourably for funding.
What is the funding amount available?
Funding starts from $100,000. Funding must be matched by the consortia. There is no maximum grant amount.
Your application will need to address the following criteria:
- Does the project address one or more Growth Centre priority?
- Is there clear consumer/market insights?
- What is the consumer or customer value proposition?
- Is there a viable path to market? i.e. there must be a clear commercial channel and partners identified for the uptake of the solution provided from the research
- What is the rational for the government to fund this project?
- What is the likelihood of success and what are the risks for this project?
- What is the nature of the project?
- How will the project help access markets?
- What are the internal gaps in capability that have prevented you from realising this project?
- What internal training is required to support the project?
How to apply.
- Complete an Expression of Interest form.
- Return completed EOI to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Fund [Company Name]”
Applications close 30th September 2016.
Get expert help to complete your grant application
Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations.
Treadstone are an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success. To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.