The Australian Moon to Mars Initiative forms an important element of the Advancing Space: Australian Civil Space Strategy 2019-2028. This aims to provide Australian businesses with grant funds to build capacity to deliver products and services into domestic and/or international space industry supply chains that could support Moon to Mars activities.
The objectives are as follows:
- To grow Australian industry’s capability and capacity to support NASA’s endeavour to go forward to the Moon and then on to Mars
- To grow the participation of Australian companies in domestic and/or international space supply chains that could support Moon to Mars activities
- To grow the skills, capabilities and capacity of the Australian space industry.
Applications are open and will close on 01 May 2023 at 05:00 PM AEST.
Grants from $250,000 up to $1 million to fund up to 75% of eligible project expenditure.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- be an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation
Applications will only be accepted if the following conditions are met:
- Proof of clear evidence that demonstrates you have a domestic and/or international space supply chain opportunity
- Proof of evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- Provide an accountant declaration that confirms you are a trading corporation and can fund your share of the project costs, including any ineligible expenditure. An accountant declaration template is available on business.gov.au and GrantConnect. If you do not use this template, you must include equivalent information and the declaration in your own document
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to read the grant opportunity guidelines and sample grant agreement before they proceed with their application. These are found in the Key Documents section of this grant’s webpage. Submissions are to be lodged online. The portal allows applicants to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise include R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our free newsletter!