NERA (National Energy Resources Australia) is providing up to $3 million in matched grants to the country’s best clean technology projects that demonstrate innovative solutions for the energy resources sector, with the aim of enhancing productivity, competitiveness and long-term sustainability within Australia’s oil, gas, coal and uranium industries.
NERA is seeking innovative projects concerning renewable energy, hybrid energy, smart grid, energy storage, energy efficiency, water treatment, waste management, air quality and resource efficiency, providing economic and environmental benefits to the customer.
Expression of Interest Deadline for Clean Technology Grant:
Deadline: EOI Submissions close 31st August 2017.
What support or funding is available?
Eligible clean technology projects can receive between $50,000 to $3 million in grants in any financial year.
Grants are not provided for any project with a total budget below $100,000.
Grants must be matched in whole or to a greater value, for example, if NERA provides project funding of $100,000, industry will fund a minimum of $100,000 cash towards the project.
Additional support provided to shortlisted project will include:
- Assistance in the promotion of the project to potential public and private funders.
- Introduction of additional potential industry parties into the project.
- In addition, the project and its outcomes will be promoted widely through the industry utilising NERA’s networks.
Should your clean technology project proposal meet the judging and selection criteria it will be taken through the NERA approval process.
NERA is seeking projects that are?
- Being developed by an Australian registered company.
- Ready for construction/implementation or already commenced.
- Ready to provide benefits to oil, gas and/or coal producers.
- Innovative and demonstrate how similar projects could be deployed more widely in the industry.
- Potentially ready to be exported to global markets.
What are the merit criteria?
- Project overview (200 words)
Including company eligibility details.
- Technology overview (200 words)
Largely proven with low technology risk and comparable demonstration projects globally.
- Level of innovation (100 words)
Why is the project innovative in the Australian Energy Resources Sector, even if well demonstrated internationally?
- Project development (200 words)
Provide details of project progress to date and proposed schedule for financial close within 6 months and project implementation.
- Commercial overview and Export potential (200 words)
Details of capital costs, commercial benefits for your energy resources sector client and more widely across the industry.
Potential for export of the solution to global markets.
Eligibility for matched funding from NERA.
- Project proponent (200 words)
Details of the project proponent, its financial capacity and proposed project financing model.
More information can be found in NERA Clean Technology EOI Brochure and Guidelines.
How do I apply?
To forward your expression of interest to the NERA Clean Technology project grant, download and fill in the NERA Clean Technology EOI Template
Want to get the best possible result?
Don’t wait till it’s too late. Give us a call to help write your EOI and full application.
Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success since 2008; recently securing three $1m+ grants for our clients.
To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.