The Victorian Government’s $20 million New Energy Jobs Fund will support Victorian-based projects that create long-term sustainable jobs, increase the uptake of renewable energy generation, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and drive innovation in new energy technologies.
Funding to support new energy technology projects will be available through three annual grant rounds.
NEJF Round Three is now open with – $3m
Up to $3 million in funding is available in round three.
Round three has two separate application streams;
- community and
Categories focus on manufacturing, technology, community and skills.
The New Energy Jobs Fund will support Victorian-based, commercially ready projects that:
- Create long-term sustainable jobs
- Drive economic development
- Increase community participation
- Increase the uptake of renewable energy generation
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Drive innovation in new energy technologies
- Build new energy technology capability and capacity in the state.
Grant Funding Amount
Funding of up to $3 million is available in round three. Applications must meet the Program criteria.
The minimum funding limit for individual projects is $50,000 and the maximum $1 million.
Applicants must provide a cash co-contribution for all Industry Stream projects. As a guide, a typical ratio for private funding to public funding for projects of this nature is 3:1. Although there is no minimum funding ratio for this Program, a higher ratio will be viewed more favourably.
Where appropriate and in line with the Program objectives, the Program will consider various forms of co-contribution proposed by applicants.
Funding allocation will be based on the assessment of applications and will typically be made available to successful Projects up until June 30, 2021 under a signed Funding Agreement.
Funds will be paid in arrears on satisfaction of agreed project milestones
Round 3 Deadline:
Applications for round three of the New Energy Jobs Fund opened on 12 December 2017 and close at 2pm on Thursday, 1 March 2018.
What types of projects are eligible?
Funding is available to support projects in the following categories:
- Development of community renewable energy project business cases and feasibility studies
- Implementation of community renewable energy projects.
- Manufacturing: to support the manufacture of new energy technology components and systems
- Energy storage: to support projects that provide innovative solutions to alleviate grid constraints and advance the learnings from already completed and existing storage installations and trials
- Technology: to support innovative and unique projects that enable industry to optimise, adapt or integrate commercially available new energy technologies
- Skills and capacity building: to support projects which strengthen capabilities and capacity to innovate in the new energy technology sector.
Co-funding requirement – approx 3:1
For all industry stream projects there is no set ratio for funding leverage, however the higher the level of leverage of private to public funding, the more favourably the proposal will be considered.
As a guide, a typical ratio of private to public funding for projects of this nature is 3:1. However, each proposal will be considered on its own merits and assessed against the criteria.
For projects under the community project implementation category there is a minimum 10 percent cash contribution required.
How are applications assessed?
All applications are assessed competitively against the following merit criteria:
- The impact of the project on employment and skills.
- The level of net economic benefit the proposed project will bring to Victoria, including the likelihood of elements of the project being replicated in the future to create new business models or sustainable pipelines of projects.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and resources available to successfully undertake the project.
- Value for money.
- Need for Government support.
Funds will typically be made available to projects with a maximum four year duration, commencing on the day of contracting.
How to apply?
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their project with a representative at their local Victorian Government Business Office. For contact details please phone Business Victoria on 13 22 15.
Want to get the best possible result out of your Application?
We can help write your application. Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum grant you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations. Treadstone are an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success. To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.