NSW Government has opened a $6 million Collaborative Solutions Program with stage 1 Mobile Concierge program, targeted at increasing the use of mobile and wireless solutions for the tourism and retail sectors.
Grants cover up to 35% of total project costs up to $250,000, and will be offered competitively to bring together business consortiums to develop ICT-enabled solutions.
- Assist in the exchange of ideas between mobile application developers, technology providers, service providers, device manufacturers, research organisations and user organisations in the tourism, hospitality, and retail sectors
- accelerate the development of new-to-market and significantly innovative mobile solutions with significant potential for commercial success, job creation, and export
- drive innovation, productivity and transformation in the tourism and retail sectors through the adoption of compelling mobile solutions.
Participants should note the following requirements:
- consortia-backed submissions: Each submission must be backed by a consortium of at least three members. The Consortia Lead must be a NSW-registered business with the capability to commercialise and export the ICT solution being developed. The consortia must include at least one User Organisation to participate in the development and piloting process. The remaining consortia members will provide technologies, content or capabilities to the project
- developed and piloted in NSW: Solutions must be predominantly developed and piloted in NSW
- development has not commenced: The development of the proposed solution must not have commenced before the date of submission.
The following are supporting documentation for the program.
An industry briefing will take place on 2nd February 2011, with registrations required by 28th January 2011. Funding submissions close on 25th March 2011. To register logon to the website
For more information about how Treadstone can help you with Government Grants call us now on (03) 9016 3575 or sign up for our Government Grant newsletter.