The Micro Event Fund is a new initiative developed as part of NSW’s 2019-20 bushfire and drought recovery program to support smaller, community-based events in Regional NSW areas impacted by bushfire activity or drought conditions. It aims to maintain vibrancy in local communities, encourage visitation and stimulate local economies. The Micro Event Fund offers one-off grants of $10,000 (excl. GST).
The Flagship Event Fund identifies and assists the promotion of events that contribute to the unique character of the tourism regions of NSW and can demonstrate that they attract overnight visitation. The Flagship Event Fund offers annual grants of $20,000 (excl. GST) or Triennial grants of $27,500 (excl. GST) in cash and $2,500 (excl. GST) in value-in-kind research services per year, guaranteed for three years.
What is the funding for?
Micro Event Fund grants are intended to support the delivery costs of community-based events that have the capacity to encourage the engagement of local residents, create harmony and stimulate local economies by generating appeal to visitors from outside the host destination.
Grants must be used for the delivery of the event, including but not limited to:
- Operational costs
- Infrastructure costs
- Marketing costs
The grant is intended to supplement the existing budget or replace revenue lost from the impact of bushfires and/or drought conditions.
Micro Event Fund monies must not be used:
- As prize money, gifts or contributions to charitable groups. (Where some event proceeds go to charity, evidence will be required to show adequate funds are retained for the ongoing operation of the event);
- For staff travel expenses.
Flagship Event Fund grants must be expended on marketing and promotional costs, including but not limited to:
- Advertising or promotional costs
- Brand design
- PR activities
- Website development
- Social or digital marketing
- Cooperative marketing activities
- Photography or videography
- Visitor research.
All visual communication materials (advertising, fliers, posters, image gallery etc.) must be of an appropriately high, professional standard. If required, grant monies should be used to achieve this standard.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be considered for funding from the Micro Event Fund, an event must demonstrate that they sufficiently meet the following fund criteria:
- Takes place in a region impacted by the drought or recent bushfire activity
- Takes place between 1 May and 31 December 2020
- Has a total expenditure budget of approximately $75,000 (excl. GST) or less
- Can demonstrate an ability to engage and harmonise the local community
- Can demonstrate an ability to stimulate the local economy
- Has the potential to attract visitors from outside the local community.
To be eligible to receive funding through the Flagship Event Fund:
- The 2020 Flagship Event Fund is only available to events that start between 1 May 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- The event must have been held at least twice prior to receiving a grant. For the avoidance of doubt, Flagship Event funding will only be offered to events being held for the third or more time in the year of funding
- The event must be held in one of the six regional NSW Destination Networks’ geographical areas
- The event must have a minimum of 80% of its activities physically based in NSW
- The event must not receive funding from another Destination NSW regional event funding program in the same year
- The event owner must be a sole trader, company, incorporated association, or trust entity
- The event owner must hold public liability insurance
- The event owner must not have debts to the NSW Government
- The event owner must hold an Australian Business Number
- The event owner agrees to enter into a contract for funding with Destination NSW.
Potential applicants should also note that:
- A single event may receive an Annual grant a maximum of three times
- A single event may receive a Triennial grant only once
- An event will only be considered for a Triennial grant once it has received three Annual grants. Events that have already received three Annual grants may only apply for a Triennial grant
- Events that have previously received Triennial funding under the Flagship Event Fund (or former Regional Flagship Events Program) are not eligible to receive any further funding from the Flagship Event Fund.
All applicants to the Flagship Event Fund must be the event owner (i.e.: own the rights to the event and have the relevant approvals for the event), and must be financially solvent.
Destination Networks are unable to apply for funding from this program.
How do I apply?
For more information and details on how to apply, please select the relevant link below:
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
To see if you may be eligible for R&D Tax Incentive, Export Market Development Grants (EMDG), or Innovation grants please follow the links below:
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.