For this grant opportunity, a total of $5 million (GST exclusive) grant funding is available over three years. Under the program, grants are available to organisations and individuals for projects that support small exporters in the dairy, fish, eggs, grain, plant, horticulture, meat and animal products industries to overcome barriers to market access.
What is the funding for?
Projects that are eligible for funding include those that:
- improve the capacity for small exporters to access markets
- are relevant to one or more of the following commodity sectors:
- eggs / fish
- grain and plant products
- meat and animal products
- are sustainable (i.e. projects should have the potential for longer term benefits to be realised by the broader industry sector).
Eligible projects may include, but are not limited to:
- the development of systems to meet the standards required by regulators and customers
- market intelligence to allow small exporters to target or tailor their products
- the implementation of systems to perform procedural and administrative functions essential to exporting products
- the development of innovative solutions to address technical barriers to market access
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible you must be a legal entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), have an account with an Australian financial institution and be capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable deed with the Commonwealth. This includes the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Commonwealth Company
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
- Sole Trader
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
How do I apply?
For details on how to apply and to find out more, please click here. Applications close on 28 February 2020.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
To see if you may be eligible for R&D Tax Incentive, Export Market Development Grants (EMDG), or Innovation grants please follow the links below:
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.