The Biofutures Acceleration Program ‘Expression of Interest’ (EOI) is now seeking proposals from experienced parties, to develop one or more commercial scale biorefinery projects in Queensland. The Queensland Government is prepared to consider a broad range of support to attract suitable companies. The EOI stage is the commencement of a competitive selection process that will provide a fair and transparent opportunity for proponents to seek government support.
The State is seeking a biorefinery that produces:
• biofuel (e.g. sustainable aviation fuel, ethanol or biodiesel); and/or
• other high value products (e.g. biochemicals and bioplastics).
The support which may be offered by the State to selected Proponents includes:
• project facilitation services, including development and planning approvals
• assistance with locating and securing suitable sites
• provision of enabling infrastructure and services
• partnering with other government jurisdictions to leverage support
• funding assistance.
Dates for applying
The Queensland Government’s Biofutures Acceleration Program EOI opened on 9 November 2016
Closes 2.00 pm on Wednesday 18 January 2017 ( please note closing date for question is 4th January)
How to apply
Lodge your Expression of Interest in the Biofutures Acceleration Program via the QTender website.
Please note that you will be required to register as a respondent on the QTender website prior to downloading the Biofutures Acceleration Program EOI. The tender number for the Biofutures Acceleration Program EOI Invitation is DSD464216.
For more information:
- read the Ministerial media statement
- view the Queensland Biofutures 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan ( 2.6 MB)
The Biofutures Acceleration Program is a key component of the Queensland Biofutures 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan.
The objective of the program is to attract and support the development of new biorefinery projects in Queensland. The goal is to grow the industry into a world leader and the Asia-Pacific hub of bio-based industrial biotechnology development.
Queensland’s business foundations of a highly skilled workforce, abundant raw materials, integrated transport systems and proximity to the growing Asian markets make it the ideal location for potential investors. View the Queensland: leading Australia’s biorevolution ( 4.1 MB) brochure for more information.