The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) is offering a competitive funding round of up to $70 million to help fast track the development of renewable hydrogen in Australia.
The Renewable Hydrogen Deployment Funding Round follows the release of the National Hydrogen Strategy in late 2019 and is in line with the Australian Government’s focus on growing an innovative, safe and competitive hydrogen industry in Australia.
What is the funding for?
The Program Objective is to fund Activities that contribute to one or more of the following Program Outcomes:
- reduction in the cost of renewable energy
- increase in the value delivered by renewable energy
- improvementintechnology readiness and commercial readiness of Renewable Energy Technologies
- reduction in or removal of barriers to renewable energy uptake
- increased skills, capacity and knowledge relevant to Renewable Energy Technologies.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are open until Tues 26 May, 5.00 pm AEST.
All applicants will be notified in writing as to whether they have been successful or unsuccessful in the EOI stage. Only successful applicants will be invited to submit a Full Application.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
Eligibility criterion A — eligible Applicant
To be an Applicant you must:
- at the time of applying, hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and
- unless applying for funding for Desktop Studies and Analysis,
— be (or warrant that you will be at the time of entering into a funding agreement) an Australian entity incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or
— be a Commonwealth entity prescribed as a government business enterprise by section 5(1) of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014 or
— be an Australian State or Territory owned corporation or a subsidiary of an Australian State or Territory owned corporation or
— be an Australian local government or council.
Eligibility criterion B — eligible Activity
You must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of ARENA (in its absolute discretion) that the Activity described in your Proposal:
- involves a Renewable Energy Technology and/or has the potential to contribute to the Program Outcomes and
- does not include research (Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 1-3 – see Appendix A), or education and training of students. For the purpose of clarification, Activities can include research components to the extent these are part of a larger activity focused on the Development, Demonstration, Deployment or commercialisation of a Renewable Energy Technology.
Eligibility criterion C — take place in Australia
- You must demonstrate to the satisfaction of ARENA that the Activity will primarily take place in Australia.
- Any ARENA-funded expenditure incurred by you outside of Australia, other than for equipment or materials, must be limited to no more than 10 per cent of total ARENA funds, except in exceptional circumstances that must be justified by you and agreed to in writing by ARENA before submission
of a Proposal.
Eligibility criterion D — knowledge sharing
- You must agree to enter into an agreement with ARENA to publicly share knowledge and information about, and resulting from, the Activity described in your Proposal.
Eligibility criterion E — intellectual property
- You must warrant your ownership of and access to, or the beneficial use of, any intellectual property necessary to carry out the Activity.
Eligibility criterion F — comply with other requirements
- You must disclose any legal proceedings or investigation including litigation, arbitration, mediation or conciliation that to the best of your knowledge, after having made proper enquiry,are taking place, pending or threatened against you or a related body corporate as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- You must not be named as an organisation that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
- You must not be named as an organisation on the list of persons and entities designated as terrorists. The list and more information on the anti-terrorism requirements are available at dfat.gov.au/icat/UNSC_ financial_sanctions.html
You must meet all of the eligibility criteria in this section to be eligible to submit a proposal.
How do I apply?
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
To see if you may be eligible for R&D Tax Incentive, Export Market Development Grants (EMDG), or Innovation grants please follow the links below:
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.