The $7 million Resource Recovery Infrastructure Fund aims to support the development of infrastructure which improves the collection, sorting or processing of recycled materials.
The program seeks innovative projects that will increase jobs in the resource recovery industry while also increasing the recovery of priority materials (organics, rigid and soft plastics, and e-waste).
What projects are eligible?
We are seeking projects which target:
- rigid and soft plastics,
- and e-waste as priority materials.
Projects that will be funded must meet the following criteria:
- must align to the State wide Waste and Resource Recovery Infrastructure Plan goals and directions ( www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/ our-priorities/statewide-waste-planning/2015-2020-priorities/ statewide-waste-and-resource-recovery-infrastructure-plan )
- must align to and support implementation of the MWRRIP (https://www.mwrrg.vic.gov.au/about-us/strategic-framework/ the-metropolitan-waste-and-resource-recovery-implementation- plan/)
- must address recovery (not disposal) infrastructure–as measured by tonnes recovered and/or reduction in risk to public health/ environment, including prioritising priority materials; organics, exible and rigid plastics and e-waste
- the extent to which it will achieve measurable change by 30 June 2020
- the extent to which it leverages investment (private or local government)
- › address a demonstrated need or barrier
- › address demonstrated best practices and/or innovation
- › the extent to which it will strengthen the competitiveness in Victoria’s resource recovery sector
Projects must be completed by 31 March 2020.
Who can apply?
Business or metropolitan councils located in Victoria.
What is the funding amount available?
Round 1 has up to $4 million in grants available. Metropolitan councils and private enterprises are able to apply for Round 1 funding of between $40,000 and $500,000 for infrastructure development.
- All metropolitan councils will be required to match funding at a minimum of $1 for every $1 requested from SV.
- All businesses will be required to match funding at a minimum of $2 for every $1 requested from SV. Co-contributions can be a mix of capital cash and in-kind contributions.
How to apply.
- Pre-register your interest by submitting your details here.
- The application information will be sent to you for submission.
Applications for Round 1 must be submitted by 3 pm, 31 March 2017.
Round 2, which will support non-metropolitan projects, is expected to be released in 2017.
Want to get the best possible result out of your Application?
Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations. Treadstone are an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success. To ensure the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.