The Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Programme was established as a $60 million competitive grants programme to support employees, businesses and regions affected by the closure of Australia’s car manufacturing industry by 2017. It supports businesses that are investing in capital projects to establish or expand high value manufacturing operations in South Australia and Victoria.
The Australian Government has provided an additional $30 million and Round 2 is now open. The grants will support business investment in manufacturing operations driven by technological innovation, advanced processes and a highly skilled workforce. New Programme Guidelines have been released for Round 2.
Who can apply for Round 2?
A trading business incorporated in Australia who is register for GST and is not exempt from paying income tax. Projects must take place at a manufacturing site in either South Australia or Victoria.
You are not eligible if you are an individual or partnership, a Commonwealth, State or Local Government agency or body, or if you are registered under the Automotive Transformation Scheme.
What is the funding amount available?
Businesses can now apply for Round 2 grants ranging from $500,000 to $2.5 million with grant funding of up to one third of eligible project costs.
How to apply.
- Read the programme documentation
- Submit your application form online
- If successful, you will receive a written offer and then execute a funding agreement
Eligible manufacturing activities include:
- Purchasing (or constructing), installing and commissioning new machinery and equipment.
- Adapting or extending premises to accommodate new machinery and equipment acquired through the project.
- Training to use and maintain new machinery and equipment acquired through the project.
Other activities may get approval if they support programme outcomes.
AusIndustry will determine if your application is eligible. If eligible, it is assessed against the merit criteria:
- The level of net economic benefit that will be achieved by the project (40 points).
- The extent to which the project represents a new or expanded high value activity by the Applicant (40 points).
- The value for money offered by grant support for the project (20 points).
The Minister makes the final decision on eligible applications.
Applications for Round 2 will close at 11.59pm AEDT on Monday, 18 April 2016.
Want to get the best possible result out of your Application?
Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations. With successful and optimal results, Treadstone are an experienced, outcome focused team.
To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.