Provides individuals and organisations with grants between $2,000 and $20,000 to support the delivery of science engagement activities during National Science Week. National Science Week is Australia’s major national celebration of the sciences in August each year. The next National Science Week will be held from 15 – 23 August 2020.
What is the funding for?
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- support diverse local organisations and government to work together on science engagement activities that have been adapted to local needs
- inspire wide community participation in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
- increase community participation in science engagement activities
- celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible you must:
- be an individual 18 years of age or older, or
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
To be eligible your project must:
- be directed towards a science-related activity that will be conducted in Australia during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week
- address one or more of the following purposes:
o draw the nation’s attention towards the sciences
o spark broad interest and engagement in the sciences
o provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities
o foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry
o trial new and innovative science communication activities
- involve attendance or participation by the general public
- include eligible project activities.
Your project can include activities at multiple locations, as long as all locations are within Australia.
You are not eligible to apply if you are a Commonwealth entity (publicly funded research organisations that meet the eligibility criteria in 4.1 of thegrant opportunity guidelines are eligible to apply).
School-based projects are not usually eligible. Please discuss your project with us before submitting an application for a school-based project.
For more information on eligibility please refer to Section 5 of the National Science Week Grants grant opportunity guidelines.
How do I apply?
The grand round will close at 5.00pm AEDT on 30 October 2019.
For more information and details on how to apply, click here.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.