The NSW Government is offering low interest rate loans to assist commercial fishers and aquaculture farmers to identify and address risks to their business, improve permanent assets and infrastructure, ensure long term productivity and sustainable use of the marine, estuarine and land-based environment.
What is the funding for?
The Seafood Innovation Fund will assist investment into four key areas:
- Preparedness – adaptability to changing seasonal conditionals or climatic events of floods or droughts.
- Environment – ensuring equipment has a minimal impact on the environment.
- Fishing and aquaculture farming equipment and assets – replacement of unsafe or inefficient assets.
- Transport and Logistics – ensuring product reaches markets in optimum condition.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible for assistance you must demonstrate that:
- You are a NSW:
- aquaculture permit holder, or
- commercial fishing business owner or fishing licence holder, or
- registered fish receiver.
- Your business operates as a sole trader, partnership, trust or private company and trades NSW seafood products; and
You earn the majority of your gross income (at least 51%) from the seafood business/enterprise OR You are classified as a “new entrant”, meaning that you have been operating your seafood business for between 12 months to three years and more than 50% of your gross income will be derived from the business within three years of the date of the application.
- Gross non business assets do not exceed $5,000,000.
- The seafood business/enterprise has long-term viability and the capacity to repay the loan sought.
- The project was not commenced prior to the application being submitted.
- Your business is registered with the Australian Taxation Office, and have an Australian Business Number (ABN). If the business has applied to the Australian Taxation Office, but not yet received the ABN, then they may be considered eligible.
How do I apply?
Find out more and apply online now.
We provide expert advice and create professional grant applications, allowing you to focus on your essential business operations.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.