The Small Business Digital Grants Program provides small businesses with access to digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
The applicant must show that the digital technology or service purchased will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and help them to be more competitive.
Who can apply?
All Queensland-based small businesses can apply. The business must show the digital technology or service purchased will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and help them to be more competitive.
What is the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
The participating business must provide OSB with a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project.
Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
- Fewer than 20 employees
- Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Based in Queensland
- Turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months
- Declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
Applications will be prioritised on:
- Impact the digital technology or service will have on the business
- Extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- Potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- Value for money.
How much can you apply for and what can it be used for?
Matched funding of up to $10 000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services – such as digital coaching. The business must show the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of four identified priority areas:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
How to apply.
10 April 2017 at 5pm. Further rounds will open in June and November 2017.
Want to get the best possible result out of your Application?
Working with Treadstone means you get the maximum rebate you are entitled to with minimum risk and effort. We provide expert advice and take care of your application, allowing you to continue to focus on your essential business operations. Treadstone are an experienced, outcome focused team with a proven track record of success. To ensure you have the best chance of getting grant funding contact us or call 03 9008 5937.