The Small Business Grants program provides financial assistance to support market-readyproducts and services that enhance the City of Melbourne’s reputation for innovation andcreativity, and contribute to a thriving, sustainable business culture.
Grants are open to forward-thinking small businesses currently located or intending to locate within the City of Melbourne.
What is the funding for?
Funding is available under the following categories:
- Startup ($30k)
- Expansion ($30k)
- Export ($10k matched funding)
- Social Enterprise ($30k)
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
The applicant must:
- locate within the City of Melbourne municipality (for Small Business Grants and Social Enterprise Grants)
- be a business event to occur within the City of Melbourne municipality (for Business Event Sponsorship)
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN).
- have documented evidence of an appropriate legal structure, such as a sole trader, an Australian registered company, business cooperative or partnership.
- demonstrate how the City of Melbourne will benefit from its proposal (please refer to the City of Melbourne Council Plan 2017–21).
- demonstrate sustainable business practices in line with the Australian ethical charter
- provide evidence of current public liability and professional indemnity insurance policies when requested
- have no outstanding acquittals or debts to the City of Melbourne.
Applicants must meet the above eligibility plus all category eligibility specific to the grant they are applying for.
How do I apply?
Applications are now open and close on Monday 9 September 2019 at 11.59pm(EST).
For more information and to ask questions regarding eligibility, the following workshops are available:
- Workshop: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 12.30pm to 1.15pm at the Mezzanine Room, Council House Two, 240 Little Collins Street. Register now.
- Workshop: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12.30pm to 1.15pm at the Mezzanine Room, Council House Two, 240 Little Collins Street. Register now.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.