Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Export Hubs are currently open and you can apply for grants from $150,000 to $1.5 million. These grants are to help establish and/or operate SME export hubs in the six growth centre sectors. The export hubs will work with growth centres to facilitate SME export opportunities.
What is the funding for?
These grants support the development of local, regional and Indigenous brands through business collaborations.
SME export hubs complement existing initiatives, such as those delivered through the Export Finance Australia (former Efic), the Australian Trade and Investment Commission – Austrade, the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, and the Industry Growth Centres Initiative.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- support the establishment and/or operation of SME export hubs (export hubs) in the six Growth Centre sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources.
- support SME development through facilitation of export opportunities and working with the Growth Centres.
The minimum grant amount is $150,000 and up to a maximum grant amount of $1.5 million.
The grant amount is up to 50% of eligible project costs.
The maximum grant period is two years five months. Projects must be complete by 30 June 2022.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation such as:
- an incorporated association
- a company limited by guarantee
- a non-distributing co-operative
- an Indigenous not-for-profit corporation
- a not-for-profit incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Australian local government agency or body
- an Australian state/territory government agency or body
- Regional Development Australia (RDA) committee.
If you are applying as a not-for-profit organisation you must demonstrate your not-for-profit status through one of the following:
- current Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission’s (ACNC) registration
- state or territory incorporated association status
- constitutional documents and/or Articles of Association that demonstrate the not-for-profit character of your organisation.
How do I apply?
Applications close: 19 September 2019 5:00 pm AEST
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.