Social Enterprise Support Grants will provide assistance to eligible social enterprise in VIC State to purchase plant, machinery or equipment of up to $50,000 that will enable them to grow, increase capacity, employ additional staff and deliver greater impact. Successful Projects will demonstrate how the investment will expand business activity and increase impact, including access to the social procurement market place and/or job creation through direct or transitional employment pathways for job seekers facing barriers to economic inclusion.
Deadline and Timings
- Closes on 10 Apr 2022.
Notification of application outcomes are expected to be within 10 weeks of application close date.
Successful applicants must commence their project prior to June 20, 2022.
Approved projects must be completed by December 5, 2022.
Overview and Grant Amount
This program offers grants from a minimum amount of $5,000 (excl. GST) to a maximum amount of up to $50,000 (excl. GST) to eligible organisations through a competitive assessment process. Applicants are required to make a minimum of 25% financial contribution or source third party funding for the project to meet the Applicant’s 25% contribution. Funds from other Local, State or Commonwealth Government programs cannot form part of the Applicant’s co-contribution.
This grant is for eligible Victorian social enterprises, and priority will be given to SMEs with less than 20 employees, enterprises located in regional and rural Victoria, and Work Integration Social Enterprises (WISEs) demonstrating employment growth.
The objective of aims to support social enterprises to:
- grow and increase their business activity
- deliver greater impact
- increase employment pathways and opportunities for Victorians facing barriers to economic inclusion
- access new markets, including through the social procurement marketplace
The intended outcomes of this program include:
- social enterprises have increased capacity to grow their business
- social enterprises are able to create more employment pathways and opportunities
- social enterprises have increased ability to deliver their social mission
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible for assistance, applicants must be one of the following entity types:
- hold a current Social Traders Certification or successful Social Traders verified pre-Certification
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) at the date of application
- have an operating business address in Victoria and conduct the proposed activities in Victoria
- be registered for GST at the date of application
- meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- demonstrate 12 months operating income from trading activity
Trust Structures ― An Incorporated Trustee may apply on behalf of a Trust provided that the Trustee:
- Under the Trust Deed, has the ability to enter into the grant agreement in its capacity as Trustee; and
- Is entitled to be indemnified out of the Trust funds in connection with performance of the grant agreement.
- Not-for-profits and charitable organisations are eligible to apply, on the condition their social enterprise model has been operating for at least 12 months
Examples of projects supported under this program include purchasing plant, machinery or equipment (fixed assets that are used to produce goods and/or services for the business) that enables:
- process improvements or increased production/output workflow and allocation
- an increase in operations and/or employment of additional staff (Victorians facing barriers to employment); or
- upgrades or expansion that allows the business to offer new or different services
Plant, machinery and equipment must be integral to achieving the project outcomes. The grant is intended to support one item of equipment per enterprise, however, more than one item may be considered on a case by case basis where there is strong justification that it is integral to achieving the project outcomes.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully read through all the criteria set by this grant their program guidelines.
Treadstone experts can help you understand government grants and maximise the benefits for your business. We have been helping clients since 2008 and our clients can testify to our proven success record. Working with us means you get the maximum grant with minimum risk and effort. Our expertise includes R&D Tax Incentive registration and tax schedules, Export Grants, Capital Expenditure and Infrastructure Grants.
Get in touch with us and let’s discuss this more in detail.
For information about other Australian Government Grants, visit Treadstone New Grants page and sign up to our newsletter!