The Small and Medium Enterprise Investment Development Program (SMEIDP) is a South Australian Government program designed to assist local manufacturers improve competitiveness.
Building on the previous Small Business Development Fund, $1 million per year for four years from 2010/11 to 2013/14 is available from the South Australian Government to encourage small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to introduce new technology, new products/services or to enter new markets.
A minimum government grant of $100,000 and up to a maximum of $200,000 (plus GST) is available for claims against eligible expenditure items, on a 1:2 basis, and in accordance with agreed milestones outlined in the SMEIDP Funding Agreement.
The Program is a competitive, merit-based grant that supports the generation and/or acceleration of new capital investment in South Australia to assist innovation, diversification and competitiveness of growth enterprises.
Innovate SA, which is funded by the Department of Trade and Economic Development (DTED), will receive and process applications for consideration by DTED’s Assessment Review Panel.
Innovate SA is also available to provide advice during the application period to assist those intending to apply for a grant under the Program.
- be an SME (with turnover of less than $10 million per year)
- be directly engaged in manufacturing
- have an Australian Business Number
- be a legal entity with whom the South Australian Government can enter into a legally binding Funding Agreement
- have a demonstrated ability to fund the remaining share of the project costs and;
- be willing to formalise the arrangement in a Funding Agreement with nominated milestones.
The Program’s funding supports direct costs relating to:
- purchase of capital items directly related to the production of a new product; and/or
- purchase of capital items directly related to improving the efficiency and/or capacity of production; and/or
- the cost of training directly related to the new capital item; and/or
- professional services critical to the capital item (eg. engineering, technical, design and development).
2010-11 funding rounds:
Guidelines and Applications:
For further information: download the SMEIDP guidelines for applicants or contact Innovate SA.
To apply: complete the Application Form available from the Innovate SA website.
Closing date for SMEIDP is 15 April 2011
** Round 3 closing dates ****
Applications open: 18th April 2011
Applications close: 15th July 2011
For more information about how Treadstone can help you with Government Grants call us now on (03) 9016 3575 or sign up for our Government Grant newsletter.