Find out how Treadstone can help you with your application call us now on
(03) 9008 5937 or sign up for our Government Grant newsletter.
The South East South Australia Innovation and Investment Fund (SESAIIF) will assist with industry development in South Australia following the decision of Kimberly Clark Australia to restructure its operations in South Australia. The SESAIIF is a $12 million competitive, merit-based grants program for innovative job creation projects to strengthen south east South Australia’s regional economy and employment base. It will encourage applications for manufacturing, manufacturing services and other services projects. It will be jointly administered by the Australian and South Australian governments.
What projects are eligible?
The following conditions apply to project eligibility:
- projects must have at least $100,000 in eligible capital costs (primarily being for plant and equipment directly applied to the production of the outputs of the investment proposal)
- projects which involve Kimberly Clark Australia will not be funded
- funding will be directed at sustainable job creation in south east South Australia, rather than community-based projects
- projects which involve no sustained net increase in economic activity in Australia or involve a relocation of activity to South Australia from other states and territories will not be funded
- projects that help to diversify the south east South Australian manufacturing and economic base will be favoured
- projects which demonstrate the introduction of new innovations or technology (rather than research and scoping studies) will be favoured
- funding will not be provided for retrospective activities (i.e. project expenditure prior to the finalisation of the funding agreement will not be funded) except with prior approval.
Who can apply?
Eligible applicants are those firms/commercial enterprises:
1) which are legal entities, i.e. with whom the Australian Government and the South Australian Government can enter into legally binding funding agreements
2) which have an Australian Business Number and are registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
3) which can demonstrate the commitment of funding, exclusive of in-kind contributions, to the investment proposal which is free of other government funding and which at least matches the funding which is being sought from the program.
How do I apply for the program?
Applicants must complete the application form which is available online at www.ausindustry.gov.au or from the AusIndustry Hotline 13 28 46. Round 1 of the program closes at 5.30pm AEST on 12 August 2011.
Directions on how to apply are set out in the SESAIIF guide for applicants.
Frequently asked questions