Provides organisations, such as schools and community groups, with grants from $1,000 to $20,000 to sponsor eligible Australian students under the age of 18 to attend or participate in STEM related events, activities and competitions in Australia and overseas.
What is the funding for?
The objective of the grant opportunity is to support Australian students under the age of 18 to attend or participate in STEM related events, activities and competitions in Australia and overseas.
The Australian Government has announced a total of $7.23 million per year in ongoing funding for the Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme. For this grant opportunity, up to $1.6 million is available each year.
- $1 million per year for student participation in STEM engagement activities and events that take place in Australia or overseas.
- $600,000 per year for student participation in international STEM competitions taking place outside Australia.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $1,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
The maximum grant amount per student is:
- $1,500 for STEM events or activities occurring within Australia
- $5,000 for international STEM events or activities.
Eligibility – who can access this grant?
A sponsor organisation must apply on behalf of a student or group of students.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- and be one of the following entities:
- a primary or secondary school that is registered with a state or territory authority
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an entity incorporated in Australia.
A government school that does not have its own ABN may apply using their state or territory department’s ABN in their application.
We can only accept applications that:
- apply on behalf of a student or group of students under the age of 18 (at the time of application) to attend a specific STEM event or activity that meets the requirements under these guidelines
- have confirmation from their managing board, school principal or chief executive officer (or equivalent) that:
- the student/s attendance at the STEM event or activity is supported
- the applicant has the capacity to meet any costs of student’s participation at the STEM event or activity not covered by grant funding
- the student/s attendance at the event or activity is reasonably expected to proceed if the grant is provided.
How do I apply?
Click here for further details and to apply.
We provide expert advice and deliver professional grant applications. Allow us to manage this aspect of your business while you stay focussed on your core business.
Treadstone is an experienced, outcome focused business with a proven track record of success since 2008.
Call us to find out what other grants you may be eligible for on 03 90085937 or email.